Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Labyrinths



Today in Borges:
-Story from the point of view of Asterion (the minotaur)La casa de Asterion

-A dead man without a face in a labyrinth (or a few dead men really)

-And two kings, two labyrinths, one dead man in a desert.

This got me and Paul talking about labyrinths. Borges' literature is a labyrinth. But it's not simply a labyrinth, it is a web, a group of meanings and texts, that gets us lost, gets us "thinking."
Then we left our communal labyrinth of discussion (or our bifurcating garden) and all retreated into our private labyrinths.
I really hope I don't find David Bowie there.

4 comments:

  1. *Note- This is not a minotaur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I really DO hope David Bowie is there!

    I think the idea of communal vs. personal labyrinths is something worth thinking out some more... Foe example, how can we know our communal labyrinths are really shared? etc...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant "for example," though foe examples and faux examples are both cool too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Receiving transmission from David Bowie's Nipple Antennae."

    ReplyDelete