Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Update

I haven't blogged for awhile so here's a quick update. I'm taking a film and feminism class (the movies are...well...interesting....), a Mario Vargas LLosa class, and a Spanish Vanguard class. I was supposed to be in a contemporay Andean Literature class, but with the nobel prize and my professor's somewhat healthy obsession with MVL as he likes to call him, we are reading contemporary novels by Llosa. I have to say, I really enjoyed (I hate you Zizek for ruining that word..but alas) the book, though as any of you that have read one of his books know, there are parts that are very difficult to read. It's about Roger Casement, an Irishman, who investigates the actions of the rubber companies in Congo and later Peru. It's hard to read about what happened, knowing it's based on history. It really broke apart some of the stereotypes I had formed about Vargas Llosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment